My favorite indulgence – Paleo-fied but definitely not light.
- 1 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 egg yolks
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Over medium heat, bring bananas and coconut milk to a bare simmer, stirring often to break up bananas.
- Meanwhile, beat egg yolks and salt until light yellow and frothy.
- Once coconut milk mixture has thickened a bit, spoon a small amount into yolks and whisk until well incorporated. Continue this way until you’ve added about half of the coconut milk mixture, then add the rest in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
- Pour back into the pan and heat on low, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Slowly melt in butter, remove from heat, then add vanilla.
- Transfer to bowl or individual ramekins, chill until set, about 4 hours.