Concocted for Mt. Ogden Crossfit’s Nutrition Challenge. A very pretty little canapé likely to get gobbled up by even your least paleo guests. The dill dressing owes a LOT to the Vegan Avocado Ranch recipe over at Girl Makes Food.
- 1 cucumber (peeled if desired), sliced
- 1/2 recipe Avocado-Dill Dip
- 1 package smoked salmon (I like the thick-cut fillet type instead of the lox like you’d put on a bagel)
Put Dill Dip in a plastic bag and cut off the corner to make a pastry bag. Pipe a little dip on each cucumber slice and top with a small chunk of smoked salmon. Garnish with a little additional dill if desired.
Avocado Dill Dip
- 2 Avocados
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley (roughly chopped)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Put all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.