- 1 lb. Lean ground turkey
- 1 28 oz can plain diced tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced lengthwise
- Emeril’s spice mix (hold the wine, and dry parsley is totally ok) make the whole recipe, and use 1/3 for your turkey
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- If you have time mix the spices into your turkey one day ahead, return to the fridge.
- Brown the turkey on medium-high in a large, deep, skillet until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl or dish.
- In the same skillet add a couple of tablespoons olive oil, tomatoes (not drained), and garlic. Use your spatula to scrape up the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan, mixing them into your sauce.
- Bring the tomato mix to a boil stirring frequently then reduce to a simmer.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes to an hour (less time with make thinner, fresher sauce, more will make richer, thicker sauce) Do your dishes, prep your “noodles” or knock out some housework while you simmer.
- Add browned turkey back in, incorporate, well and heat through, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve on top of steamed spinach, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash.