Lately I’ve developed a taste for raw beets, and a desire to cook my veggies less in general. This very orange slaw is a stab at that.
- 1 medium turnip
- 1 smallish sweet potato **I’ve seen a few things about raw sweet potatoes being a little toxic, so proceed at your own risk**
- 1 medium beet (mine was golden, but I think a red one might be even better)
- 2 carrots
- 1 large parsnip
- 3-4 stalks celery
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/4 C toasted sesame seeds
- dried garlic flakes to taste, crushed between fingers
Mix above together in large bowl.
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or herbed vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 t dijon mustard
- 1 inch section finely grated ginger
- poppy seeds
- 1/2 almond oil
- dash sesame oil
Drizzle over root mixture and mix well. I’m guessing this will improve as it sits in the fridge a while, but its pretty good right away, too.